Michelin is committed to maintaining the privacy of our customers or persons visiting our Site. This page sets out our policy on how we manage “personal information”. This policy is intended to help you understand how we manage the personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose, how you can seek access to and correction of that information and, if necessary, how you can make a complaint on our handling of that information.
Table of Contents
- A. What types of personal information do we collect and hold?
- B. Holding and protecting your personal information
- C. Purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose your personal information
- D. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- E. Overseas Disclosures
- F. Requesting access to your personal information
- G. Requesting correction of your personal information
- H. Complaints and disputes
A. What types of personal information do we collect and hold?
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer such as, but not limited to, e-mail enquiries (contact us), consumer or tyre reviews, survey, social sharing features (such as the Facebook "Like" button or other tools) or specific promotions.
This Site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the users IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognized by the web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the Site.
What are Cookies:
A cookie is a small file saved on a user’s computer to help store preferences and other information that's used on webpages that they visit. Cookies can save a user’s settings on certain websites and can sometimes be used to track how visitors get to and interact with websites. It's important to clarify that cookies do not collect any personal data stored on your hard drive or computer. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to delete Cookies
If you would like to disable / block our cookies from your hard drive, you can find out about removing them from your browser at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html
B. Holding and protecting your personal information
Personal information submitted by you may be stored in physical or electronic form either on our own systems or the systems of our service providers. The personal information is protected using appropriate safeguards. We also require our service providers to follow strict security standards and bind them with obligations of confidentiality when holding and processing any personal information.
C. Purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose your personal information
You may be asked for personal information if you want to take advantage of specific services we offer such as, but not limited to, e-mail enquiries (contact us), consumer or tyre reviews, survey, social sharing features (such as the Facebook "Like" button or other tools) or specific promotions. In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the services you have told us you wish to take part in. You will be given an opportunity to opt out of further contact if you wish. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information.
We may share your personal data with third party suppliers or service providers. These suppliers and service providers are contractually obligated to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and they are required to use your personal data only for the needs of the services that were entrusted to them.
D. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We receive services from other Michelin Group companies and external service providers, some of which may be located outside your country of residence (see the additional section below titled "Overseas Disclosures"), and your information may be provided to them for this purpose.
- Related Michelin Group companies outside your country of residence;
- Persons to whom disclosure of your personal information is necessary in order for us to provide or manage any services or transactions requested by you including: -service providers, such as mail services, delivery agencies; service and support agencies; customer service agents -service providers to whom we subcontract any tasks under our agreements (if any) with you
- Legal, audit, settlement, valuation and any other professional service providers under a duty of confidentiality to us
- Analytics and market research service providers who provide marketing, market research, or other related services relating to promotion of our business;
- Insurers, assessors and underwriters
- Fraud reporting agencies
- Any potential investors, purchasers or persons wishing to acquire an interest in any part of our business from time to time; and
- Any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rules, regulations or guidelines including, regulators, governmental bodies or industry recognized bodies (all or some of which may be in or outside your country of residence)
E. Overseas Disclosures
As a result of the management structure some recipients of personal information within Michelin may not be located in the country of your residence. While it is not reasonably practicable to list all of the countries to which your information may be transmitted from time to time but such countries are likely be those where Michelin has offices globally. A list of those countries is available through the Michelin website at www.michelin.com. Such organizations may in turn be required to disclose information we share with them under a foreign law.
When we do share information as above, we remain responsible for that disclosure and will ensure that your personal information is handled according to the requirements of law.
F. Requesting access to your personal information
You are entitled to access personal information we hold by contacting our Privacy Officer (contact details below). Our endeavor will be to respond within 30 days of such a request.
G. Requesting correction of your personal information
You are entitled to request that we correct/rectify information that we hold about you. If you would like to do so please contact the Privacy Officer using the contact details below.
Any corrective action by us will normally be done within 30 days of a request. Any delay will be notified to you in writing.
Correction of information is provided free of charge.
H. Complaints and disputes
If you have any complaints or disputes relating to our compliance with privacy laws please contact the Privacy Officer (contact details below).
An acknowledgement of the complaint will be sent within 7 days of receipt. We intend to investigate complaints and resolve them within 30 days of receipt. If we cannot resolve your complaint within this period we will notify you as to the reasons for such non resolution and specify a date when we expect a resolution.
we fail to deal with your complaint to your satisfaction you may refer the complaint to the appropriate privacy authorities in your country of residence.
Address: Orchid Business Park, 3rd Floor, Sector 48, Sohna Road, Gurgaon – 122002
Contact: +91 124 6737 777